Credit: Paul Edmondson/Photodisc/Getty Images
Take your mailbox from standard to superb by adding an artistic and cool mosaic without too much hassle. By simply using a few discarded CDs or DVDS, scissors, pencil and stencil, you can turn your mailbox into a mail-receptive masterpiece, adding designs such as music notes, trees, flowers
Cut CDs and DVDs into small pieces with scissors.
Draw outline on mailbox freehand or using stencil.
Secure cut pieces onto the mailbox using glue, staying within the lines of the penciling.
Spray the mailbox with water repellent, making sure to cover each inch of the mosaic.
- 1-5 CDs or DVDs
- Strong, waterproof adhesive
- Spray-on water repellent
- Consider spray paints for an additional cool mailbox scenario. CDs and DVDs can be purchased in various colors, also waterproof paints can be applied to discs after being cut up.
- Be careful with strong adhesives, as they tends to get messy and sticky.
- Safety goggles should be worn when discs are being broken.
- Broken discs may have sharp edges, so be cautious.
- unique mailboxes
- mosaic design
- cool mailbox
- Make-Stuff: Recycle Those Old CD’s [http://www.make-stuff.com/recycling/cd.html]
- Toxel.com 17 Unusual and Creative Mailboxes: Inspiring Ideas for Unique Mailboxes [http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2009/04/17/17-unusual-and-creative-mailboxes/]
- Andreaplanet.com. Andrea Mosaic: Online Mosaic Generator [http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/]